- Rail dock is capable of spotting 30 rail cars at once. The automated truck dock simultaneously can service six trucks – four loading and two unloading.
- Connects to eight pipelines
70 active caverns
- 30 active caverns with flow rates of ethane propane mix at 5,000 barrels and propane at 3,000 barrels per hour
- Connected to Conway West with a 10-inch propane line, a 16-inch ethane/propane line and a 12-inch brine line
- 52 active caverns, some with 20-inch casing, were designed to handle the high flow rates needed to service the Conway hub
- Sits adjacent to Conway West and is jointly owned by Williams Partners, L.P., ConocoPhillips and ONEOK
- Operated by Williams
- Receives liquid demethanized mix from Oklahoma, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico and Wyoming
- Process separates the demethanized mix into its five components by thermal distillation: ethane/propane mix, propane, isobutane, normal butane and natural gasoline
- These purity products are either stored in an underground cavern or moved to one of the pipelines located in the area and transported to a petrochemical facility
- Rail loading terminal for handling normal butane, iso butane, propane, refinery grade butane, natural gasoline and propane/propylene mix.
- The facility is located adjacent to the BNSF railroad in the southeastern part of Hutchinson, Kansas
- 5 rail tracks used for staging up to 150 rail cars
- 8 spot rail loading rack
- 22 storage vessels
Williams is one of the leading NGL storage providers in the United States. Customers use our storage to stage product. For more information on our storage policies, pricing and locations, please email.
Product Specification Fact Sheets
Williams maintains NGL product quality standards to help ensure safety, integrity and operational efficiencies. See our detailed specification fact sheets below. The date in the lower right corner of each fact sheet indicates when the fact sheet was last updated.
- Demethanized Mix (129 KB)
- Demethanized Mix Truck & Rail Unloading (117 KB)
- Ethane-Propane Mix (63 KB)
- Isobutane (55 KB)
- Natural Gasoline (57 KB)
- Normal Butane, 95% (72 KB)
- Propane (63 KB)
Load and Unload Product
Williams provides the ability to efficiently load and unload certain products.
Driver Loading Program
Terminals on the Conway system are designed and equipped so drivers can load and unload motor carrier transports. Drivers must be trained at each terminal.
- Terminal Contact Information (163 KB)
- Conway Underground East Unloading Instructions (22 KB)
- Conway Underground East Loading Instructions (21 KB)
- Conway Underground East Driver Instructions for LPG Truck Loading Terminals (100 KB)
- Conway Underground East Driver Instructions for Natural Gasoline Truck Loading Terminals (99 KB)
- Conway Underground East Driver Instructions for Odorized Propane Truck Loading Terminals (127 KB)
- Conway Underground East Driver Instructions for Truck Unloading Terminals (100 KB)
- Conway Underground East Driver Safety Training Acknowledgement (28 KB)
- Odorization & Safety Information (152 KB)