South Seattle Delivery Lateral Expansion Project
The South Seattle Delivery Lateral Expansion project is being constructed by Williams to meet Puget Sound Energy’s growing demand for natural gas in the greater Seattle area.
The project involves removal of the existing 10-inch diameter pipeline between milepost 0.00 and milepost 4.0 on Northwest Pipeline’s South Seattle Delivery Lateral and replacing it with new 16-inch diameter pipeline.
These infrastructure improvements to Northwest’s system will increase the delivery capacity on the South Seattle Delivery Lateral by 68,000 Dekatherms per day.
Project Map (click map to view larger image)
South Seattle Project Timeline:
- Landowner outreach, consultation and community meetings: Ongoing
- Surveys began: Sept. 2010
- Open Houses Held: Oct. 2010, Aug. and Oct. 2011
- Land acquisition began: Late summer 2011
- Application to be filed with the FERC: Late spring 2012
- Pending FERC approval, construction to begin: Summer 2013
- Restoration of landowner parcels: Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 – where necessary
- Project completed and placed into service: Nov. 2013
Toll Free Phone Line:1-877-547-5304