The public is invited to attend Mid-South Expansion project public workshops to learn more about the project, review maps, ask questions and provide feedback.
The meetings are informal. Williams’ staff, representing a variety of disciplines, will be available during the meeting to receive comments and answer questions.
The comments gathered during this planning phase are important and can help shape the project scope.
Importance of the public’s input
The FERC supports a new review process that builds public communication into the beginning of the approval process – before a formal application is filed – so interested parties may participate more fully in the route selection process.
Williams is committed to extensive public outreach in advance of submitting our application to the FERC. Our goals are to:
- Generate a broad awareness of the project, its purposes and value to the region’s economy and to meeting the future energy needs of the state and region.
- Ensure that community residents and a broad range of stakeholders have ample opportunity to understand the process and their rights, ask questions, voice concerns and present ideas about the project.
- Create an atmosphere of openness, disclosure and public dialogue in which we can respond to questions, concerns and suggestions presented by the community and other stakeholders.
Our public outreach tools include:
- Direct correspondence with property owners along the possible routes
- Contact with the local news media
- Establishment of a toll-free information phone number, 1-866-455-9103, project website, newsletter and e-mail address (pipelineexpansion@Williams.com)
- Contact with community leaders, public officials and other stakeholders
- Creation of materials explaining the project
- Enhancing access to information about property owners’ rights and the regulatory review/approval process
Public workshop dates and locations
|Date||Time||Loop||Location & Address|
|Tuesday, April 27||6-8 p.m.||Davidson Loop||Davidson County Ag Center
301 E Center Street
|Wednesday, April 28||6-8 p.m.||Rowan Loop||Holiday Inn
530 Jake Alexander Blvd
Salisbury, NC 28147
|Thursday, April 29||6-8 p.m.||Gastonia Loop||Gaston Citizens’ Resource Center
1303 Cherryville Hwy (NC Hwy 279)
Dallas, NC 28034
|Monday, May 10||6-8 p.m.||Compressor Station 95||Hampton Inn & Suites
2200 West Highland Avenue
Selma, Ala, 36701
|Tuesday, May 11||6-8 p.m.||Rockford Loop||Hampton Inn & Suites
1551 Elkahatchee Road
Alexander City, Ala, 35010