Williams’ olefins business provides customers in the petrochemical industry a full suite of products and services.
Gulf Coast Olefins
The Geismar, La. facility annually produces approximately 1.3 billion pounds of ethylene and 90 million pounds of polymer grade propylene. Also in Louisiana, the olefins team is responsible for the ethane transportation business consisting of approximately 200 miles of pipelines, as well as a refinery-grade propylene splitter.
Williams’ Canadian olefins business extracts natural gas liquids and olefins from oil sands refining near Fort McMurray, Alberta. The liquids are then fractionated into various products at a Williams facility near Redwater, Alberta. Williams also has a business office in Calgary.
Cryogenic Liquids Extraction Plant Located Near Fort McMurray
- An environmentally-friendly project as it reduces sulphur emissions and other green house gases
- Extracts natural gas liquids (NGLs) from coker off-gas produced from an oil sands plant
- Coker off-gas includes olefins such as propylene which is typically produced through ethane or propane cracking
Olefins Fractionation Plant Located Near Edmonton
- Only olefinic fractionator in Western Canada
- Fractionates NGL mix from Fort McMurray
- On a yearly basis, produces approximately 2.4MM bbls of propane, 140MM lbs of polymer grade propylene, 727,000 barrels of normal butane, 672,000 barrels of alky-feed and 230,000 bbls of olefinic condensate