Commitment to our Neighbors
Williams is committed to being a good neighbor and environmental steward. To help achieve this objective, Williams is establishing a fund to benefit the environment and local communities within the NYC areas affected by the proposed Rockaway Lateral project. The mission of the Williams Rockaway Community Grant Program is to assist in the development of projects that directly benefit the surrounding communities in which the proposed Rockaway Lateral would be constructed and operated.
Grants up to $15,000
Grants up to $15,000 per funding cycle will be awarded based on community need and can be used to provide environmental benefit or economic development, or to support emergency services, youth and senior programs, or education programs.
Have a project in mind?
Projects funded by the Williams Rockaway Community Grant Program should provide community benefits, such as:
- Emergency/first responder support
- Youth or senior services
- Education programs
- Economic development
- Enhancement of open spaces and park land for recreational enjoyment
- Assistance in the enrichment of wildlife habitat
- Promotion of environmental education
- Purchases of property for preservation of wetlands and wildlife habitat
- Purchases of property to access public lands, water resources, scenic and wildlife views, and for enhancement or development of active recreational areas
- Continued relief efforts to rebuild and recover from Hurricane Sandy
- May 2014 Grant Recipients
- October 2014 Grant Recipients
- April 2015 Grant Recipients
- September 2015 Grant Recipients
- April 2016 Grant Recipients
- September 2016 Grant Recipients
- March 2017 Grant Recipients
Community organizations can complete and submit the electronic application by clicking here. Project submissions must be received by Feb. 1 and Aug. 1. Grant awards will be announced in the spring and fall of each year.
Community grant guidelines
- Applications are only accepted online.
- Applications accepted beginning Jan. 1, 2014.
- Applications must be received by February 1 and August 1 of each year.
- Grant awards will be announced in the spring and fall of each year.
- Priority will be given to community projects located within the vicinity of Williams’ Rockaway Delivery Lateral project.
- Project must be started within 12 months of receiving funding.
- Grant recipients will be selected based on community benefits.
- Projects with a matching element will be given priority.
- Projects must have a proven capability of completion/success.
- Applicants may request up to $15,000 per funding cycle.
- Grants cannot be awarded to labor, fraternal, or political causes; additionally, grants cannot be awarded to churches or religious organizations that require service recipients to participate in religious activities and/or receive religious instruction or paraphernalia in order to receive service.
Before you submit a proposal, take the time to gather supporting documentation that can help contribute toward your application’s success. This includes budgetary details, work plans, letters of support, photos, proof of 501c3 status, etc.